Hunting for a way to spend that federal stimulus check?
You know you really don’t need that new iPhone or Samsung Galaxy. Consider using this boon as an opportunity to make a Lenten donation to your church, Catholic school, or another Catholic charity of your choice.
The third federal stimulus check is hitting bank accounts this week. For many Americans, this deposit brings the total of stimulus checks to $3200 — more if they have children.
There’s no doubt that many families and individuals are struggling, and this stimulus check could provide some much-needed financial respite. However, If this latest check finds you in a safe financial situation, but the money is burning a hole in your pocket, there are other creative ways to make good use of it!
Here are 5 charitable ways to use your stimulus money:
- Purchase grocery cards in denominations of your choice and have them handy to pass out to those you feel are in need.
- Start an emergency fund for a friend or family member you know is just getting by without a financial cushion.
- Open a savings account for a child or grandchild.
- Donate to your local parish or Catholic school.
- Visit archden.org for ideas of other Catholic ministries that are serving your neighbors.
Pray for inspiration and add your own ideas this list.
“There are two ways to get enough: One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.” G.K. Chesterton
Featured Image by AzamKamolov from Pixabay