1. The word “Eucharist” comes from the Greek word eucharistia which means:
A. To give glory
B. To show love
C. To celebrate
D. To give thanks
2. Jesus instituted the Eucharist on which Jewish holiday?
C. Yom Kipper
3. How long must one fast before receiving the Eucharist?
A. 30 minutes
B. One hour
C. Two hours
D. One day
4. What does “transubstantiation” mean?
A. That the Eucharist is acknowledged as a symbol
B. Eating of the Eucharist
C. Change of the substance of bread and wine into the substance of Christ’s body and blood
D. Transporting the gifts of bread and wine to the altar
5. To be considered sacramentally valid, wine used at Mass must be pure and natural, and made from:
A. Red grapes
B. White grapes
C. Any ripe grapes
D. Any fruit
ANSWERS: 1. D, 2. A, 3.B, 4. C, 5. C