Learn how to make a cross out of the palm frond you receive at Mass on Palm Sunday using the step-by-step instructions below. Just don’t use it as an excuse to not pay attention during Mass!
2) Lay palm on flat surface vertically with pointy end on the bottom, fold pointy end up to the right at a right angle.
3) Lay palm on flat surface vertically with pointy end on the top, fold pointy end down away from your body, leaving a couple of inches of space to form first arm of the cross.
4) Lay palm on flat surface with pointy end on bottom, fold pointy end straight up and leave a couple of inches to form the other arm of the cross, making it equal in length with the first arm.
5) Fold pointy end of palm backwards and diagonal to prepare it to wrap around the cross to secure it.
6) Flip the cross over to the front and fold the pointy end of the cross diagonally and tightly across the front of the cross.
7) Fold the pointy end back diagonally.
8) Pull the pointy end sideways, straight behind, and then in the front diagonally again so an “X” forms.
10) Continue wrapping it through until it’s short and neat (use tape if needed).